Quarantine — Day 53
Day off - new weekly planning
This post is part of an ongoing series in which I document my journey through the COVID-19 quarantine. See Day 1 for full context.
It was a rough weekend. Wife had to work on her business so we decided to take this Monday off. I just chilled out, watched some Netflix series, watched history videos and eat shrimps.
I’m proud I was finally able to take time and create a good weekly schedule for the upcoming months. Context switching is not benefitial for me as it becomes harder to focus and make good progress. I decided then to try and focus on one thing a day. Let’s see how my experient finally pans out. It goes something like this:
- Monday: Writing. I’ll focus on making progress on long form writings: e-books, PDF guides, etc.
- Tuesday: Writing. Focus on short form posts: prepare newsletter, write blog posts, catch up with writing ideas.
- Wednesday: Writing & community. Review resumes, answer questions, prepare tweets for teaching, prepare for conferences, send newsletter
- Thursday & Friday: Open source & coding. Focus solely on maintaining my open source projects or working coding side project.
- Saturday: Creative flow. Design, photography, photo editing, cooking.
- Sunday: Introspection, weekly planning, time to reflect, long meditation.
- Avoid news: Yes
- Write blog: Yes
- Personal growth: Yes
- Wake up 5:00 am: No
- Workout: No
- Help someone: No
- Time wasted < 90 mins: Yes
- Spent: 20 USD
- Stocks Portfolio (24h): +0.7%
- Stocks Portfolio (All time): +15.15%
- Cryptofolio (24h): -0.73%
- Cryptofolio (All time): +90.09%
Join the newsletter
I write about remote work, software and personal growth. Subscribe to enjoy my articles every once in a while.