Quarantine — Day 75
Time and distractions
This post is part of an ongoing series in which I document my journey through the COVID-19 quarantine. See Day 1 for full context.
A day full of introspection and focus. I meditated twice and had the opportunity to write about what time means for me and identify my distractions. This is what I finally came up with:
- Twitter is not absolutely mandatory. That’s just a means to an end.
- I should spend no more than 15 mins on Instagram, just to support my wife.
- Youtube is a huge distraction for me. I’ll spend my time on Youtube like this: 10 mins meditation, 10 mins personal growth video in the morning, 10 mins historical video in the evening.
- Uninstall Panda new tab extension
- Check email only 10 mins at night
- Increase daily meditation time to 20 mins
- Blog posts are distractions too. Every read post should have its written reflection.
- Close all tabs before turning off the laptop
- Use Whatsapp only to communicate, not just to seek distraction
I also cooked a new cool dish: spinach cake with egg.
Join the newsletter
I write about remote work, software and personal growth. Subscribe to enjoy my articles every once in a while.